Ready to sign up?
This may be your last chance to reconsider. At the bottom of this page we are asking for a $50 non-refundable application fee. That’s right, you have to apply. We don’t let every wingnut with water wings into this thing, and the $50 only buys you into the vetting process.
Hey, even astronauts have to tryout.
If you are approved you’ll be invited to fill out a lot more information, but consider it one of the many hurdles in this race, like getting in shape.
Two weeks. That’s how long we need to do the vetting process after you apply.
After your team is approved for the race you need to register. Registration is when you must pay your entry fee. Only after you register will you get a bio on the website.
Introducing the Slacker Tax.
Now, some of you past jokers got accepted in January and then didn’t register til April. Here’s what we say to that:
- $950 to race & $75 for each additional person plus $100 for the tracker rental
- Registering after January 15: $1050 to race
- Registering after April 15: $1150 to race
- $225 to race & $75 for each additional person plus $50 for the tracker rental
- Registering after January 15: $275 to race
- Registering after April 15: $325 to race
Either leg: $200 tracker deposit (refundable, unless you take it swimming). We’ll collect that the day before the race.
Refund rules are buried in the FAQ page.
And a very long registration form, which will probably cost you a couple cups of coffee and 40 minutes to fill out. You’ll even have to resubmit boat photos and boat descriptions during the registration process!
If you’re still convinced, then…sally forth.