Ready to sign up?
The deadline to apply was April 15. We open applications for R2AK 2020 on September 6, sometime in the evening, after our Blazer party.
Don’t even bother reading what’s below this paragraph. The boom you are hearing are the doors to the hall being shut. We wanted you; had a spot with your name on it even. Next year then, we’ll try to keep it warm.
Whoa whoa whoa, hold your horses, partner. These doors don’t even open until September 7th, sometime in the evening, after our Blazer party.
This may be your last chance to reconsider. At the bottom of this page we are asking for a $50 non-refundable application fee. That’s right, you have to apply. We don’t let every wingnut with water wings into this thing, and the $50 only buys you into the vetting process.
Hey, even astronauts have to tryout.
If you are approved you’ll be invited to fill out a lot more information, but consider it one of the many hurdles in this race, like getting in shape.
Two weeks. That’s how long we need to do the vetting process after you apply.
After your team is approved for the race you need to register. Registration is when you must pay your entry fee. Only after you register will you get a bio on the website.
Introducing the Slacker Tax.
Now, some of you past jokers got accepted in January and then didn’t register til April. Here’s what we say to that:
- $950 to race plus $75 for each additional person plus $100 for the tracker rental
- Registering between January 16 and April 15: $1050 to race plus it’s still $75 for each additional person and $100 for the tracker rental
- Registering after April 15: $1150 to race and yes, you still need to pay $75 for each additional person and you definitely need a tracker, so $100 more for the tracker rental
- Registering by January 15: $225 to race plus $75 for each additional person plus $50 for the tracker rental
- Registering between January 16 and April 15: $275 to race plus $75 for each additional person and yes, you still need to add $50 for the tracker rental
- Registering after April 15: $325 to race plus $75 for each additional person and, you got it by now, we need to track you, don’t forget the additional $50 for the tracker rental
Either leg: $200 tracker deposit (refundable, unless you take it swimming). We’ll collect that the day before the race.
Refund rules are buried in the FAQ page.
And a very long registration form, which will probably cost you a couple cups of coffee and 40 minutes to fill out. You’ll even have to resubmit boat photos and boat descriptions during the registration process!
If you’re still convinced, then…sally forth.
Nope. Your sally must come forth next race.
Hey! Once you apply, look out for a confirmation email. No email means your application didn’t submit and you should try again. Questions? Contact Kate at email@example.com or 360.385.3628 x104.––>