2nd ever R2AK started on June 23rd at 0600 and turned into a running battle all the way up the coast.
- 2016 Press Coverage
- 2016 Team I.D. Cheat Sheet
- 2016 Team Bio’s – Full Race
- 2016 Team Bio’s – Proving Ground
- 2016 R2AK Daily Race Updates
- 2016 R2AK Clip of the Day, powered by INTOVA Cameras
- 2016 R2AK Final Standing
- 2016 R2AK Tracker Map – Full Race
- 2016 R2AK Tracker Map – Proving Ground
All 750 miles of the inaugural R2AK started in Port Townsend at 5:30 am on Thursday, June 4th, 2015.
The 2015 race was a monster! So much excitement, carnage, and great spirit from the racers, fans at home, and everyone along the race route. 15 world records were set!
It was a doosey.
- Pics of 2015 to view, download or buy.
- Race results for Stage One
- Race results for the Full Race
- Replay SPOT tracker for Stage One
- Replay SPOT tracker for the Full Race
- Hey Geeks! Here are tracker data files to parse and manipulate until the wee hours.
- Mostly factual team bios Stage 1
- Mostly factual team bios Full Race
- Race updates from R2AK High Command
- Small Craft Advisor
- Slide shows and videos
Race to Alaska started a buzz the minute we opened the gates.
Check out what they said about us:
- “Seattle Team Wins a Sailing Challenge to Alaska” in New York Times
- “A Race to Alaska: No Motors, but No Limits on Imagination” in New York Times
- “Race to Alaska lures hardy souls” in Port Townsend Leader
- “Inaugural Race To Alaska Likened To ‘Iditarod With Chance Of Drowning’” on Oregon Public Broadcasting
- “Race to Alaska: The Ultimate Adventure?” in Boats.com blog
- “The inaugural Race to Alaska (R2AK) is on the horizon” in Three Sheets Northwest
- Interview | Jake Beattie, Update on Inaugral R2AK on Hooked on Wooden Boats
- “Racing to Alaska for a pile of cash” in Soundings
- “Victoria rower to compete in endurance race from Washington to Alaska”in Global News BC (video)
- “Race to Alaska by sail, paddle: daring dash for a $10,000 prize” in The Seattle Times
- “Race to Alaska by Wind or Muscle” in Pacific Yachting
- “Race to Alaska: Attracting the strong, the smart, and the crazy” in 48 North
- “The Race to Alaska” in Alaska Magazine
- “Engineless Boat Race to Finish in Ketchikan” on KRBD
- “NW Maritime Center Sponsoring an Adventure” in the PT Leader
- “Competitors Step Forward…” in the Peninsula Daily News
- “Race to Alaska Offers $10,000 Prize” in Victoria News
- “Do you want to race – to Alaska?” on Three Sheets Northwest
- “Preview: Sail, Row, Paddle Race to Alaska – 1st Prize $10k, 2nd Steak Knives” on Off Center Harbor.com
- Interview with Jake Beattie – Hooked on Wooden Boats podcast