56th R2AK started on June 13th at 0500.
- 2022 Team Cheat Sheet
- 2022 Team Bios – Full Race
- 2022 Team Bios – Proving Ground
- 2022 R2AK Race Updates
- 2022 R2AK Field Reports
- 2015-2022 Finisher Comparison
- 2022 R2AK Clip of the Day
- 2022 R2AK Race Results
- 2022 R2AK Tracker Map – Leg 2
- 2022 R2AK Tracker Map – Leg 1
5th R2AK started on June 3rd at 0500.
- 2019 Team I.D. Cheat Sheet
- 2019 Team Bios – Full Race
- 2019 Team Bios – Proving Ground
- 2019 R2AK Race Updates
- 2019 R2AK Clip of the Day
- 2019 R2AK Race Results
- 2015-2019 Finisher Comparison
- 2019 Race Photos
- 2019 R2AK Tracker Map – Leg 2
- 2019 R2AK Tracker Map – Leg 1
2019 R2AK Race Analytics
Analytics are courtesy of Ben, from 2016 R2AK Team Excellent Adventure. Ben’s blog is pretty cool place if you want to know more about Power BI.
4th R2AK started on June 14th at 0500.
- 2018 Pre-race Guide
- 2018 Team I.D. Cheat Sheet
- 2018 Team Bios – Full Race
- 2018 Team Bios – Proving Ground
- 2018 R2AK Race Updates
- 2018 R2AK Clip of the Day
- 2018 R2AK Race Results
- 2015-2018 Finisher Comparison
- 2018 Race Photos
- 2018 R2AK Tracker Map – Leg 2
- 2018 R2AK Tracker Map – Leg 1
3rd R2AK started on June 8th at 0500.
- 2017 Pre-race Guide
- 2017 Press Coverage
- 2017 Team I.D. Cheat Sheet
- 2017 Team Bios – Full Race
- 2017 Team Bios – Proving Ground
- 2017 R2AK Race Updates
- 2017 R2AK Clip of the Day
- 2017 R2AK Victoria to Ketchikan Final Standings
- 2017 R2AK Port Townsend to Victoria Final Standings
- 2015-2017 Finisher Comparison
- 2017 R2AK Tracker Map – Leg 2
- 2017 R2AK Tracker Map – Leg 1
- 2017 Race Analytics by Ben Ahlvin and Slalom.
2nd ever R2AK started on June 23rd at 0600 and turned into a running battle all the way up the coast.
- 2016 Race Photos
- 2016 Press Coverage
- 2016 Team I.D. Cheat Sheet
- 2016 Team Bios – Full Race
- 2016 Team Bios – Proving Ground
- 2016 R2AK Daily Race Updates
- 2016 R2AK Clip of the Day, powered by INTOVA Cameras
- 2016 R2AK Final Standing
- 2016 R2AK Tracker Map – Full Race
- 2016 R2AK Tracker Map – Proving Ground
All 750 miles of the inaugural R2AK started in Port Townsend at 5:30 am on Thursday, June 4th, 2015.
The 2015 race was a monster! So much excitement, carnage, and great spirit from the racers, fans at home, and everyone along the race route. 15 world records were set!
It was a doosey.
- Race results for Stage One
- Race results for the Full Race
- Replay SPOT tracker for Stage One
- Replay SPOT tracker for the Full Race
- Hey Geeks! Here are tracker data files to parse and manipulate until the wee hours.
- Mostly factual team bios Stage 1
- Mostly factual team bios Full Race
- Race updates from R2AK High Command
- Small Craft Advisor
- Slide shows and videos
Race to Alaska started a buzz the minute we opened the gates.
Check out what they said about us:
- “Seattle Team Wins a Sailing Challenge to Alaska” in New York Times
- “A Race to Alaska: No Motors, but No Limits on Imagination” in New York Times
- “Race to Alaska lures hardy souls” in Port Townsend Leader
- “Inaugural Race To Alaska Likened To ‘Iditarod With Chance Of Drowning’” on Oregon Public Broadcasting
- “Race to Alaska: The Ultimate Adventure?” in Boats.com blog
- “The inaugural Race to Alaska (R2AK) is on the horizon” in Three Sheets Northwest
- Interview | Jake Beattie, Update on Inaugral R2AK on Hooked on Wooden Boats
- “Racing to Alaska for a pile of cash” in Soundings
- “Victoria rower to compete in endurance race from Washington to Alaska”in Global News BC (video)
- “Race to Alaska by sail, paddle: daring dash for a $10,000 prize” in The Seattle Times
- “Race to Alaska by Wind or Muscle” in Pacific Yachting
- “Race to Alaska: Attracting the strong, the smart, and the crazy” in 48 North
- “The Race to Alaska” in Alaska Magazine
- “Engineless Boat Race to Finish in Ketchikan” on KRBD
- “NW Maritime Center Sponsoring an Adventure” in the PT Leader
- “Competitors Step Forward…” in the Peninsula Daily News
- “Race to Alaska Offers $10,000 Prize” in Victoria News
- “Do you want to race – to Alaska?” on Three Sheets Northwest
- “Preview: Sail, Row, Paddle Race to Alaska – 1st Prize $10k, 2nd Steak Knives” on Off Center Harbor.com
- Interview with Jake Beattie – Hooked on Wooden Boats podcast