Does your R2AK obsession run deep? Join the Glitterati, our elite squad of race fans who show their devotion by ponying up for exclusive R2AK events at the Ruckus; swag, box seats for the start, and bragging rights for a whole year for knowing the race a bit more intimately than the Average Joe.
Get this experience for just $250, or purchase the Larry Ellison Pass for $100,000, and get everything below PLUS you automatically win the race without entering. It all happens at the Ruckus.
The Glitterati Pass includes:
Pre-Race Ruckus! June 7
- Glitterati-only R2AK shirt and bling so you can stand out from the crowd; we’re talking foam fingers, stickers and the yet to be revealed Glitterati Glove—think Michael Jackson (RIP) but way tackier.
- Private race boat tour with NWMC Executive Director Jake Beattie. Get inside select vessels and get insider info for when you’re laying your bets. He might even give you a shoulder rub.
- Admission to a one-hour Q&A session with racers and race officials. No questions about bears.
- Second-row seats to the coveted Skippers Meeting. Hear the inspiring words of the Race Boss. Think about places in your life you can apply them other than in a boat heading for Alaska. That will be tricky when he gets into the SPOT Tracker stuff, but otherwise prepare to have your mind blown. Boom.
Race Day June 8
- Reserved space for the race start in the Glitterati Room. Includes balcony view of the start, tracker screen to see who pulls ahead once they slide out of view, breakfast snacks, coffee, mimosas, special coffee, and a know-it-all Race Guide to answer any questions you haven’t already answered yourself with your enviable, in-depth knowledge of this race. In summary, free mimosas.
June 7, Pre-Race Ruckus
1300: Meet at the Cotton Building for a Socratic stroll with R2AK Lead Instigator Jake Beattie. Get the backstory on teams, boats, and the R2Ak genesis.
1400: Enjoy an exclusive Q&A with team members and race officials. Ask all the questions you’ve been wondering. Why do people think this is a healthy thing to do? or What do you do for your real job?
1500: Skip over to the Legion for second-row seats at the 2016 Skippers meeting. (Ear plugs are usually advised when the Race Boss is talking…he’s Alaskan)
June 8, Race to Alaska Race Start
0430–0600: Glitterati room is open for the race start. Grab your mimosa and place our bets!
Northwest Maritime Center members get awesome discounts. And if you happen to be a member at the Mate level or above, R2AK gives you a great discount on your Glitterati pass.
Want all the Glitterati perks at the NWMC member rate, but not yet a member? Get your NWMC Mate membership here, and get even more perks. Already a member and ready to sign up? Contact Len for the exclusive offer.
Or just get your Glitterati pass now!
OUR SIGN-UP FORM WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON!