Stage 1: Port Townsend to Victoria
Team name: Team Bus Bailey
Team members: Colin Masson
Race vessel: 13.5ft handliner rowboat. Built in 1937 by Luoma Brothers on Shack island. Double ended carvel planked
- Repeat offender: race 2015 R2AK
- Mostly just a BC coastal boy.
- don’t need much of an excuse to go and spend time on the water
- last year’s row in the Bus Bailey to Victoria was the most significant challenge I have accomplished
- preoccupied with calculating currents, speculating wind and weather conditions and trying to not freak out as scenarios put me rowing over 20 hours
- good enough shape to go and drink beer.
- last years 14 hours of rowing, repeated tide rips, swamped and bailing, shredded hands and blistered ass – all come back to me and I am again humbled by the challenge
- Call me out of my freaking mind ,
- Same old boat and same but slightly more experienced guy.
Welcome back to R2AK Mr. Freaking Mind.